Competition and Consumer Law
Competition law is increasingly complex and whether you are pursuing M&A, joint ventures or looking to defend your market position or conduct, we provide specialist advice and advocacy in many aspects of competition and consumer law.
At Brown Wright Stein Lawyers, we understand the need for clear and practical advice to ensure your business’ compliance systems do not hold you back in a competitive marketplace.
The services we offer for our clients include:
- Assisting with the development of competition and consumer law compliance systems
- Advising on competition implications of proposed projects, takeovers and media campaigns
- General corporate advisory services in competition and consumer law issues such as cartels, third line forcing and misleading or deceptive conduct
- Providing representation to our clients in their dealings with the ACCC and ASIC
- Bringing and defending court proceedings relating to anti-competitive trade practices and breaches of consumer law among businesses and between businesses and consumers
The Australian Treasury recently reviewed the ACL and is seeking feedback from businesses and consumers to have their say on proposed reforms to clarify, simplify and modernise the consumer guarantee framework in the Australian Consumer Law