Australia’s ageing population is growing rapidly. Retirement can last longer than ever before. There is a need for legal advice and services for the older members of our community and their families that is tailored to provide them with practical advice at this important and often difficult and stressful time of their lives.
At Brown Wright Stein Lawyers, our Lawyers assist you in planning for and achieving a fulfilling retirement with peace of mind that your legal affairs are in order. One of our Elder Law experts will personally review your own or your family member’s individual circumstances and provide advice designed to meet the needs of that individual and promote their independence and dignity.
Relevant and important areas in which we may assist you or your family member include:
- Preparing Wills (including, where appropriate, testamentary trusts)
- Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Appointing an Enduring Guardian (a decision maker in the event of incapacity
- Making health care directives
- Assisting with applications to the Guardianship Division of NCAT (eg applications for appointment of a guardian and/or financial manager) andproviding legal representation for applicants
- Conveyancing relating to the sale or lease of the family home
- Conveyancing relating to entry into a retirement village
- Contracts advice relating to entry into an aged care facility for respite care or permanent care or transferring from one facility to another as the needs of the individual changes
- Asset protection
- Advising on superannuation and pension entitlements
- Elder abuse or discrimination claims
- Assisting nominated executors or next of kin with the administration of estates (including obtaining probate or applying for letters of administration on intestacy)
- Resolving estate disputes
Our Elder Law services focus on helping you to address complex issues with clear straightforward legal advice and practical strategies and solutions.
In order to reduce any stress or anxiety to both you and your family members, we will personally come to you or your family member to take your instructions and explain, assist and supervise the proper execution of the relevant legal documents you require. We will also provide you with a tailored fee estimate based upon your individual needs.