Work we’ve done
We specialise in working with business owners and their business advisors, such as accountants, financial consultants, property consultants and IT consultants to develop long-term relationships which give our lawyers a deep understanding of our clients’ business and personal needs.
Over the years we have gained a unique insight into the nature of operating owner-managed businesses and the outcome is that we provide practical commercial solutions to business issues.
Below is a snapshot of the work we have done, clients we have represented and successes achieved:
- Acting for high net worth individuals in mergers, acquisitions and share sales or sale of businesses from $500,000 up to $50 million;
- Acting for purchaser on an acquisition of shares with option for further share purchase, loan to vendor and security – transaction value – $40 million;
- Pro-rata rights issue for ASX listed company raising $120.7 million;
- Acting for the sellers of shares in iconic Sydney tourist operator and advising on restructure – transaction value $23 million;
- Acting for one half of a joint venture arrangement to negotiate commercial terms and prepare and execute necessary documentation;
- Providing company secretarial assistance to a range of companies, including large ASX listed clients;
- Acting for a reputable Australian project management consultancy with restructuring and sales of shares to a foreign entity;
- Acting for a specialist lender on a $20 million secured loan to a large livestock business in Australia;
- Acting for a high net worth individual on a $12 million acquisition of secured debt from a top 4 Australian bank;
- Advising a specialist lender on a $3.7 million claim against guarantors of obligations under a livestock leases in default;
- Managing and maintaining large trade mark portfolios, including undertaking various trade mark registrations and monitoring potentially infringing conduct by third parties;
- Advising a motor vehicle leasing company on the introduction of an employee novated lease program in Australia;
- Advising a fund manager on Corporations Act fundraising requirements for managed investment schemes in Australia and varying their Australian Financial Services Licence;
- Advising a property investment group on the licensing requirements for the operation of a financial services business in Australia;
- Acting for the principals of a non bank financial institution in relation to corporate matters;
- Acting for a mezzanine lender on the acquisition of a large secured debt from a top 4 Australian bank;
- Advising a mezzanine lender on the enforcement of securities over the assets of a failed property development business;
- Acting on a $12 million refinance of secured debt facilities of an automotive group; and
- Acting for retailers to resolve alleged misleading or deceptive conduct claims and investigations by the ACCC.